Adult Golf Coaching
Our Holistic Golf Coaching (HGC); whilst founded in and complimenting traditional techniques, is designed to embrace, combine and harness both the physics and mechanics of golf with the full spectrum of human attributes and faculties.
We define them as " The 7 Keys To Performance."
Mobility, stability, flexibility, strength, power, balance, hydration, nutrition, cardiovascular fitness, biomechanics...
Swing, short game and putting. Shot making ability, pre-swing variables, balance, tempo, tension, equipment specifications, quality and quantity of practice...
Course management, understanding weather conditions, strategy, playing from awkward lies...
Goal setting, self-talk, storage of memory, motivation, decision making, commitment, dreams, being present, preparation, evaluation...
Skill of being in a coherent state (happy, aware etc), managing adrenaline levels & being: nervous, excited, angry, worried...
Managing different roles, other peoples opinions, different behaviours, communication skills...
Your love for the game. What is it? Managing your intrinsic motivation and appreciation for the game...
- Each of the 7 Keys is worked on individually and then combined.
- HGC advances the teaching of golf into the modern era based on the world class research and analysis of human behaviour. It is based on individual assessments using among other techniques, computer based equipment
(The Tools We Use).
- It is important that each assessment respects the individuals aspirations, beliefs & potential ability. The appropriate scope & degree of coaching forms the basis of the relationship with each Client.
- HGC is applicable to all abilities & genders, from Beginner through Club Golfer to Tour Professional. “Powerful techniques to be gently applied.”
- Individual and group sessions are offered along with assessments and coaching packages.
- Each of the various individual assessments of the "7 Keys" have proved particularly useful for Competition Golfers, Amateur and Professional, working with their Retained Coach(s).
At The Leading Edge Golf Company we believe it is vital that we support the golfers we coach to become more independent and self-regulating. The Mental Golf Workshop Profile provides key insights and practical information to help this happen. There isn’t one best way of playing the game, but there is YOUR best way. To more efficiently discover your own tendencies, we highly recommend you take the Mental Golf Profile. It’s very simple and doesn’t take long to complete, but we have found it to be very accurate and useful for the golfers we coach…